Well Hello there September it’s nice to see you again. Finally it’s the time for cosy woollen knits, fleecy blankets in front on the fake fire, the burning of glorious scented candles and drinking copious amounts of pumpkin spiced lattes, the dark nights drawing in and a whole new set of monthly goals and chances of new kinds of mischief to get up to.
From September onwards I’m planning on doing a monthly post outlining what my monthly goals will be and tell you my lovely readers what I’ve got planned for the month. My aim in this new kind of post is to encourage myself to actually attempt my monthly goals instead of just pondering them and never doing anything about them. In a way I guess I’m holding myself accountable and if I don’t complete what I’ve set out to do then you can all give me a row for it.
I don’t have many things planned this month but I do have a couple of exciting things coming up.
- Canal Theatre – The Resurrection is the first thing on the agenda this month. It’s a show that is performed by a walking theatre in Falkirk in a tunnel that is a bit spooky. Telling the story of Burke & Hare. A post will be up on Thursday reviewing the show.
- I’m attending a blogging panel in Glasgow, which I am excited about as I’ve never been to any blogging events but I am also anxious about as I will be going on my own and will need to get the train home at night-time in the dark. I don’t like being out in the dark.
- Its my mums birthday in September, I haven’t got anything planned yet. but will hopefully find something for us to do.
- Get back into going to the gym. I haven’t been for a while due to pain and lack of motivation but I want to improve my health and I can do that sitting on my backside. There will be an update post at some point this month.
- Drink more water. I am rubbish at remember to drinking enough water each day.
- Sort out a house work rota. Boring I know but because of my chronic illness I can’t blitz through the housework in one day so I am challenging myself to do one thing a day whether it’s hoovering the living room, cleaning the bathroom or general tidying.
- Sort out my desk for writing. I’m turning my dressing table into a makeshift desk and I want to make it a more creative place for me to write.
- Plan out and start writing my posts for October. I want to be a prepared blogger, so that if there are days where I am unable to write I have content ready to be posted.
Looking Forward To
- The nights drawing in and it getting darker early, not too early though. Theres something about the dark nights that makes your home feel cosy and inviting. Especially when burning scented candles.
- Leaves falling. At the moment the leaves have started falling already but I love it when there are lots on the ground and they crunch as you walk through them.
- Autumnal colours. I love the colours of autumn from the burnt oranges to deep reds.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks and trying their new Caramelised Pecan Latte.
Do you set yourself goals each month? What kind of goals do you set out to achieve?
If you like what you’ve read, feel free to comment and share with your friends