It’s a new year which means everyone and their dog has the best intentions of changing their lives with resolutions that are usually forgot about by the end of February.
I myself have uttered the words “New year, new me”. But after some contemplation and a giggle or two at several memes that I’ve seen online. I’ve come to realise why do I need to change? There’s nothing wrong with who I am. I don’t need a new ME?? We as a society need to learn to love ourselves and not change who we are, what we look like, how we dress, or who we are attracted to in fears of being judge!!
Of course I’m making some goals of what I would like to achieve but nothing to drastic.
- Eating healthier and drinking more water is the big goal of 2017. Not to lose weight but to feel better in myself in the hopes that it will improve my energy levels and chronic illness (I have a post about my chronic illness story in the works and will hopefully be posted in a week or so).
- I want to be more organised with our finances and home. Having a toddler running around means it’s slightly chaotic and I’m going to try to declutter to make room for all Alex new toys and clothes. And get the give the savings account a well needed boast.
- Getting out and doing more with the wee dude is another big goal for this year. I tend to get anxious when there are crowds. People can be unpredictable but I don’t want Alex to grow up not going places and seeing and meeting new people.
- Because of my chronic illness I don’t get out (see above) and because of this I’ve lost touch with some friends and I would like to reconnect with them.
- I want to write more here as well as possibly attempting to write short stories.
- Positive mental attitude is another goal I would like to work on. It’s hard staying positive when you’re in so much pain you can’t do anything but I don’t want to be a negative Nancy all the time it’s not fair on myself and my loved ones.
Will I achieve these goals? Who knows only time will tell but I will try my hardest and that’s what matters right?
What are you hoping to achieve in 2017?